Powered by Blogger.

Simple Kind To Skin + Perfecting BB Balm Review

By 3:00 PM ,

When I saw that Simple had brought out a BB cream, I couldn't wait to try it. Luckily, Boots had a 3 for 2 on, so I picked it up. It retails at £8.99 for a 50ml tube, so it's more on the expensive side for Simple and for the size, but trust me, a little goes a long long way!

As always with Simple products, it makes it clear on the packaging about the ingredients. A more unique thing about this product is that it claims to be a universal shade, but more on that later! It is SPF 15 and protects skin from UVA and UVB rays.

As you can see, this is a lot more orange based than some bb creams, this really scared me at first, because I have quite a pale skin tone.

In comparison with two other bb creams that I have, you can see this clearly more. The bottom shade, Botanics BB Cream, is my day to day normal bb cream and this is in the shade light. You can see it's a lot more cooler in tone.

Please note, while my face is pale, my hands are even paler, so some of these are coming off a lot more darker than they would on my face. Even blended though, you can see it is still very orange toned.

I have used this on my face and I can admit, that even though I was scared to death after using it on my hand, this actually blends out really nicely and doesn't look half as orange! I actually enjoyed using it a lot more than I though I would, it really made my skin look nice and flawless. One thing I will note though, there is a far amount of shimmer and sparkle in this, so if your not a fan of that, I would stay away from this bb cream. I kept seeing it long after I took my make-up off. However, I got a nice compliment on the day that I wore this, that I looked really healthy (not that I normal look unhealthy - I hope!). It held up really well throughout the day too and didn't go chalky or flaky.

In comparison with the Botanics one, I don't think this is half as good, but I wouldn't say it's bad either. I would like to see how much of a universal shade this is, because by universal, does this mean it would work on paler skin tones than mine and darker skin tones than mine. That's something that I find hard to see, but I'm willing to be challenge and told otherwise. I mean they obviously tested it! One other thing that annoyed me, and this is just me being picky, is that the product looks a heck of a lot bigger on the packaging than in life. The packaging is pretty big for the product size! I don't think I would buy it again, but I'm gonna use it up. Overall, I'm a bit 50/50 on this, I think Simple have better products.

Have you used the Simple BB Cream? Let me know your thoughts in comments.

You Might Also Like

0 comments